All Simplicité jewelry is made to be worn all day, every day. As our first collection says ‘Nuit et Jour’ – please wear it all night and day! This care guide will help you to ensure it’s longevity. When your jewelry is not being worn, store your jewelry in a safe place or keep it in the Simplicité jewelry box that you received it in.
Our gold-plated jewelry is made of 18k gold onto durable brass and silver. Keep in mind that gold-platted jewelry requires extra care so we encourage you to follow these simple instructions to get the most wear out of your gold-plated pieces.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold-plated jewelry.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewelry and cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work and when swimming.
- After every use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth, helps restore shine. Do not use a polishing cloth as this will strip away the plating.
- The gold or silver layer will slowly fade over time and the brass will be exposed. This is a natural process of a plated item and is not a product defect.